Update August 23/20 - WAM! Evaluation Dates
- will be operated with cohorting - please see RAB Return to Ringette
- REGISTER NOW - click here
- Evaluation fee $100 non-refundable
- Print and date, sign and have witnessed RAB Adult Release/Waiver below
Thursday, September 10 at 8:30 to 9:30 pm - Clareview A
Friday, September 11 at 8:45 to 10:15 pm - Russ Barnes
Saturday, September 12 at 8:45 to 10:00 pm - Meadows W
Sunday, September 13 at 7:15 to 8:45 pm - Kinsmen A
Update August 21/20
* These new waivers agreements are intended to cover the pre-season training camp, evaluations, and any further ERC activities.
Update August 9/20
Schedule for pre-season training camp added below.
Evaluations Welcome Letter Aug 8/20 - here
Update August 4/20
Please register for evaluations by August 15th to assist us with planning.
- August 24, 26, 27 - pre-season training camp for U14AA, U16AA, and U19AA at Callingwood Arena
- this camp will be operated with physical distancing
- Update August 9/20
- U14AA 6:00 to 7:15 pm all 3 nights (Arena A)
- U16AA 6:45 to 8:00 pm Aug 24 & 27; 7:00 to 8:15 pm Aug 26 (Arena B)
- U19AA 7:30 to 8:45 pm all 3 nights (Arena A)
- August 30 & 31 - evaluations for U14AA, U16AA, and U19AA
- evaluations will be operated with physical distancing
- Sunday, August 30th at Millwoods A
- U14AA 3:30 pm to 4:45 pm
- U16AA 5:00 pm to 6:15 pm
- U19AA 6:30 pm to 7:45 pm
- Monday, August 31st at Castledowns
- U14AA 5:45 pm to 7:00 pm (arena A)
- U16AA 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm (arena B)
- U19AA 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm (arena B)
- Fee for pre-season training camp and evaluations (5 skates) is $100.00
- Fee for only evaluations (2 skates) is $75.00
- Edmonton residents also register for the season on the Federation (EFCLRA) website before August 15 to avoid the ERC late fee. Click here for the link to the registration page.
The upcoming season will have games, however, there will be mini-leagues forming a cohort of up to a maximum 50 people, including players, coaches and referees. The idea is that there will be a mini-league for a session, then a 14-day break during which our team can practice together but not have games and then a new session would begin with a different cohort. How we plan the season and how the teams are formed will depend on registration numbers and further discussions with other associations and BGL.
Under the current restrictions, there will not be any provincials, Westerns or Nationals, however, it is possible these restrictions are lifted during the season. As well, currently, tournaments and games outside of the Edmonton health region will not be permitted.
RAB's Return to Ringette guidelines indicate that each individual should only participate in one sport cohort at a time. The guidelines also indicate that a person should participate in programming in their own Health Zone, however, in special circumstances, Ringette Alberta may permit participating in a program outside a person's Health Zone. The application form will be available on August 15, 2020. More information and considerations on this are under Participant Movement on the RAB website under RAB's Return to Ringette, Other Resources. One consideration is whether there is no opportunity to play within your own Health Zone.
The Edmonton Zone includes Beaumont, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Riviere Qui Barre, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, and Spruce Grove.
Please read RAB's Return to Ringette guidelines.
Please continue to read the rest of the page below.
Update July 31/20
RAB has just posted their Return to Ringette guidelines but we still have not received a response from RAB on our evaluations. As well, RAB has some further information and documentation still to come. We don't yet have our link posted for accepting registrations for evaluations but keep checking back. Thanks.
We do not yet have the RAB Return to Play guidelines nor sanctioning from RAB. This is not expected until approximately August 1.
In regards to evaluations, our proposed dates for our Elite teams at U14AA, U16AA, and U19AA were August 23, 24, 26 & 27, as that is our legacy ice with the City of Edmonton. However, we do not know if RAB will sanction our evaluations nor do we know yet the new guidelines for evaluations.
If we are not able to use the August 23-27 dates for evaluations, we propose to host a Pre-season Training Camp on that ice. Those athletes wishing to be considered for ERC teams should strongly consider attending. Please also tentatively book August 30 and 31 as evaluation dates as we are possibly looking at ice for those dates as well if necessary and if available.
COME TRY OUT FOR EDMONTON AA RINGETTE
- August 23, 24, 26, 27 for U14AA, U16AA, and U19AA evaluations or proposed preseason training camp
- August 30, 31 secondary tentative evaluations
- Dates for WAM! starting September 10 (more details coming soon)
- Evaluations Welcome Letter coming soon
- Registration link coming soon
Evaluation Fee: $100.00
Please register early for Evaluations as this helps a great deal with planning for Evaluations and for the season. August 15 would be a preferred date to have most of the registrations for Evaluations.
Edmonton Residents - Early Season Registration Fee before August 15: $975.00
Edmonton Residents - Registration Fee after August 15*: $1050.00
Additional costs directly covered by the parents include travel and accommodation expenses, ERC game pants, and apparel costs. Teams fund expenses which include tournament registrations, non-parent coaches' travel and accommodation expenses, dryland and powerskating costs, team travel expenses for some tournaments (team bus or vans), team tournament meals/nutrition, and team building activities and events through team cash calls, team fundraising initiatives (such as sponsors, FlipGive, pub night, bottle drives, raffles, etc.), and club fundraising initiatives (Wood Tournament silent auction and raffle baskets, Westjet raffle)**
*Please check back as the August 15th date may change if the evaluations date and season start dates are delayed.
** Additional costs are subject to conditions of play due to COVID-19.
Edmonton residents may register on the Federation / EFCLRA website but please note that the fee will be lower than the ERC fee and if your athlete is selected for an ERC team, there will be a top-up fee for the remainder of the registration fee. Click here for the link to the registration page.
Non-Edmonton residents are required to bring a cheque to the first evaluation skate for the registration fee of $975.00 made payable to the Edmonton Ringette Club. The cheque will be destroyed if the player is not selected for the team. Please note that we are not certain what the RAB guidelines will indicate in regards to athletes from outside the Edmonton health region being permitted to play with the ERC.
The ERC continues to plan for a meaningful ringette season. The primary concern is the health of our ringette athletes, coaches, staff, families and volunteers and keeping everyone safe. We will continue to update you as much as possible during this fluid collaboration.
Please check back for updates and, in the meantime, stay safe, healthy and virus-free.
Team Selection Policy - may change depending on RAB return to play guidelines and discussions with other associations and BGL
ERC Evaluations Director: Jodie Mohr email@example.com
ERC Registrar: Sonia Gawryluk firstname.lastname@example.org
ERC President: Christine Kearney email@example.com